chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Acura
Hey there,
My wife really loves this SUV, any honest opinions on jumping into the world of Volvo would be greatly appreciated. We have only owned Hondas, Toyotas & Acuras in the past.
We are currently looking at some 2016s and 2018s, haven't seen too many '17s on the market.
Thanks for you help in advance!

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The newer the model, the less issues you're going to have. I would suggest getting an '18

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
They update programming and add, or adjust features a little each year. Good news is you can always pay to update the computer programming. But, you can't easily upgrade your vehicle options. Fully loaded (minus dealer added stuff) is the only way to go IMO, get all the packages.

Need to know if your are looking at the hybrids or gas. Hybrids, you'll want the most current model you can find. They upgraded the size of the gas tank, equal to that of non-hybrids, therefore extending the driving range.

Connectivity.
2016 is 3G, 2017+ has 4G...and I believe 2021 will have 5G.

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I have a '16 while it's has had very little issues, I would also suggest getting a late build 2017 on up.

chillg8r

Reactions
City
Durham
State
NC
Country
United States
My 2017 has been nearly flawless, we love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC 90 T6AWD
I have a 2018 XC90 and love it.

bbabylon

Reactions
City
Westminster
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T6 Momentum
We just bought our second 90 - another 2016. This was an Inscription trim. HIGHLY recommend over the Momentum. Love it! We are Volvo for life people.....