City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC90 T8
I recently purchased a 2019 XC90 T8 and the tailgate is not operating properly. Regardless of what I use to open (hands-free foot, key fob, button on tailgate, or inside vehicle), it will only open up about 6 inches. It will then sometimes close right away or just stay open at the 6 inch spot. If I open it fully (manually) and hit the buttons to close ((hands-free foot, key fob, button on tailgate, or inside vehicle), it only closes about 1 inch then stops. Nothing is blocking or in the way. I took to the dealership and then it worked when I got there. After leaving frustrated I went home and it worked for several days now it is doing it again. I have done the re-calibration instructions by my service rep over the phone and it doesn't seem to do anything. Has anyone encountered this issue? I am taking it back to the dealership on Thursday but extremely frustrated as this car is brand new with not even 600 miles on it.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
That is prob a software issue. Have'nt had that happen to me yet thankfully...

Jenwood

Reactions
City
Measham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Xc90
This has just started to happen to my 2016 XC90. Did you manage to sort this issue?