Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
I have a 2017 XC90 with 17,000 miles. Since my last oil change last year I have only put on another 4,000 miles. This would be my first time paying for an oil change. The dealer quoted me $ 118.00 do I need to pay this this year or wait until next year when I would have approximately 8,000 be

SwissXC90

Reactions
City
Cross Country
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
I have a 2017 XC90 with 17,000 miles. Since my last oil change last year I have only put on another 4,000 miles. This would be my first time paying for an oil change. The dealer quoted me $ 118.00 do I need to pay this this year or wait until next year when I would have approximately 8,000 be
Oil should be changed annually as oil deteriorates (moisture condenses and gets into the oil) when the vehicle is not used much.

Vehicles driven more get the oil up to temperature (100°C) and this helps to evaporate off any contaminants that can be evaporated.

High mileage and low mileage vehicles should thus have oil changed yearly, regardless of mileage.

And especially for diesels, an annual oil change is the best preventative measure you can do. So much more than anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk