City
Ashland
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 xc90 T8 recharge
What's everyone getting on electric range Guage at full charge, before starting any trip. Brand new my guage was at 38 miles. Over 4k miles later getting 33 miles per charge at the end of a charge is a celebration, often around 29-30 miles. I have a 240V 50A charge point charger which says over 40 mi estimated added, based on kWh's. Not sure why the big difference between charge point estimate and actual. I spoke with dealer and they said this is within normal range based on driving conditions. Still confused, I had a 2021 model that averaged 19 mile range at full charge, no matter how I drove it or how high the AC ws on, the battery would just deplete faster if fast driving or high AC, next charge would be back to the 19 range. Not with the 2022 extended range model, previous driving conditions seem to effect the top range of a full recharge. What am I missing. What's everyone experiencing? Thanks

Zeige

Reactions
City
Ashland
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 xc90 T8 recharge
Sorry, don't think this thread belongs here so I posted in general discussion. Don't know if I can delete this thread here.

Reactions
City
Waxhaw
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 XC90 T8 Recharge
I've got 600 miles on my T8. first charge showed 33 miles available - which i thought was LOW. now seeing more like 36 miles - which still seems low compared to the 40 I was expecting. I'm charging throughout the day when applicable, and every night on a 220v outlet with the OEM cable that came with the car. Any thoughts?

jtriebe

Reactions
City
Tucson, AZ
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 XC90 Recharge Extended Range
What's everyone getting on electric range Guage at full charge, before starting any trip. Brand new my guage was at 38 miles. Over 4k miles later getting 33 miles per charge at the end of a charge is a celebration, often around 29-30 miles. I have a 240V 50A charge point charger which says over 40 mi estimated added, based on kWh's. Not sure why the big difference between charge point estimate and actual. I spoke with dealer and they said this is within normal range based on driving conditions. Still confused, I had a 2021 model that averaged 19 mile range at full charge, no matter how I drove it or how high the AC ws on, the battery would just deplete faster if fast driving or high AC, next charge would be back to the 19 range. Not with the 2022 extended range model, previous driving conditions seem to effect the top range of a full recharge. What am I missing. What's everyone experiencing? Thanks
The mileage estimate on electric is a variable and changes based on recent performance which is based on the driver's "style". I routinely get about 40 miles of range (up from the 36 mile estimate when I first got the car). I drive in Hybrid mode exclusively and use the GPS for trips that exceed the range of pure electric, and the B mode as I would a lower gear in a manual transmission to slow the car and to maximize regeneration. I have almost 7900 miles on the car and my overall average fuel economy is 37 mpg. Of those 7900 miles, 4600 were done on long trips where I was unable to recharge overnight.

Reactions
City
Orange
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Recharge
On a 2023 xc90 recharge, I have been getting 31 miles on the battery gauge for a full charge. I have not been able to get the 35-36 miles battery range per manufacturer's specs. Also, the battery depletes at the same rate whether I am driving in Pure mode or Hybrid mode. Has anyone also experienced this?

I also charge at a max of 15.2 Amps although the manufacturer states it can charge at 16 Amps. I have a 240V level 2 charger. Not sure why I can't get all the way to 16 Amps.